20 April 2012

No one can save me but you

"You must be older than the Chris Isaak era[fn1] to drink in this establishment."

----
fn1:  This is another one where precise dating is an issue.  Isaak's career began much earlier to critical acclaim but commercial shrugs, and it wasn't for several years that he would garner any attention from the consuming public.  There's another date, in 1990, I could have used for this, but I'm saving it for an associated movie (hint hint!).  I would have liked to have found the release date for the video---that was of course the introduction most people got to him---but couldn't find it.  What I could find, that is, what I could find that had a precise date on it, was the linked article, which is hardly authoritative.  But if you're coming here in search of authoritative sources, um, perhaps this Internet thing isn't quite for you.
----
And happy birthday, Val!

No comments:

Post a Comment