23 September 2012

They are kissing their hellos; I'm pretending not to hear them, and instead I

"You must be older than 'Tom's Diner' to drink in this establishment."


Very big caveat here:  The song is actually ten years older than this, and was released to little reception in 1987.  The British outfit DNA remixed it into the familiar version in the vid above in 1990, and it eventually wandered from England back across the Atlantic and charted here.  Vega herself put it out 21 years ago tomorrow, which is the only precise date I have, but quite possibly the reader will have heard it some time before then.

(I realize the earlier entry from today probably deserves the whole date to itself.  I acknowledge that.  But I like this song.  Write your own damn "semi-significant dates in history that make you feel old" blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment