04 July 2012

Wanna buy Madonna's pap smear?

"You must be older than Slacker to drink in this establishment."


I actually tried to watch this movie, once---I don't recall if it was after I'd seen Days & Confused or whether my alt-slash-weird friend just heard it was cool.  Our endurance got us through what might charitably be called "act three" or so, but it lasted no further.  We switched off the screen and, having rented no other movies from Hastings that particular weekend, went outside and looked at a tree or something.  No broader lessons were learned.  No growth was experienced.  The only consequence of it was this:  I hated that movie, and I couldn't forget that I had just spent an hour of my teenage life giving it a chance that it was never going to justify.

Sigh.

Anyway, happy Fourth of July, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment